Friday, December 30, 2011

Better than Santa Claus

The best part about birthday parties when we were kids wasn't the cake or the games or the streamers. It was the presents. And the one thing I really regret about growing up is that we no longer have return presents at birthday parties.
On my trip to Mountain View to meet my brother, I met someone who has the coolest job in the world. My aunt has started a business of novelty party favours. She has the most creative, most fascinating collection of gift items and it's tempting enough to convince anyone that you're never too grown up to use stuff that's just so much fun. What I really liked was that all her gift ideas are useful.
I wish I could be a kid again if only just to give this stuff out as return presents at my birthday and see everyone using it at school the next day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment